Remembering your wireless network settings, such as the user name, security key, etc., is a nuisance. Windows 7 lets you export your wireless settings to a USB drive, which you can later use to restore your settings or transfer them to another computer.
To save your wireless network settings to a USB drive:
- Open the Control Panel, click Network and Internet and click Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the Manage wireless networks link.
- Select the wireless network for which you want to save the settings.
- From the properties window that appears, click the Copy this network profile to a USB flash drive link at the bottom of the Connection tab.
- The Copy Network Settings wizard appears. Insert your USB drive and click Next.
- Once the settings are copied to the USB drive, click Close.