Do you need to create two separate tables that are side by side? The solution is simple. Create two column sections within the document and create one table within each column.
To accomplish this in Word 2007:
- Within your Word document, click Page Layout.
- Within the Page Setup group, click Breaks. Under Section Breaks, select one of the available options.
- Within the Page Setup group, click columns and then click Two.
- Click within the first column.
- Click Insert and click Tables within the Tables group.
- Select the number of rows and columns for the table.
- Move to the second column and repeat steps 5 and 6.
You now have two independent tables that are side by side.