Startup video site Vevo was created by three of the largest record companies — Universal Music, Sony Music Entertainment, and EMI Music. Warner Music Group is in negotiations to join as well. They chose to start the site based on the huge following that music videos attract on YouTube. YouTube owner Google helped to create the site, believe it or not. In January, the site posted approximately 35 million unique visitors. That’s not too shabby for a site that only launched a few short months ago.
Lady Gaga has emerged over the past year as a music phenomenon. Whether or not you approve of how she dresses, you have to admit the woman can sing her face off. Her videos account for over a quarter of all views on Vevo! Additionally, if you click an official video of hers on YouTube, you’ll be redirected to Vevo to actually watch the content. That is the kind of partnership I like to see happening.
Vevo may not yet be profitable, but I have no doubt that it won’t take long. It is seeing billions of page views, according to the Web site. Reactions to the site around our community have been very positive from what I’ve seen, and I admit to using it quite often myself! What are your thoughts on Vevo? Have you used the site yet? If you haven’t checked it out yet, I think you’re silly for waiting!
- Could Internet addiction be an actual medical disorder?
- What online learning resources do you recommend for high school students?
- Is there room in your life for the past?
- Let Songkick track your favorite artists, so it can tell you where – and when – the concerts will be near you!
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold is heading for the both the Wii and the DS.
- What are your favorite WordPress plugins?
- Partition problems can be a real pain.
- What songs bring back really great memories for you?
- Are you looking for a new hardware monitor for your machine?
- What video editing software do you prefer to use when you are on OS X?
- Sometimes, computer switching is difficult to manage.
- Are you having trouble setting up your home network?
- The FCC is hacking up the spectrum… again.
- Do you feel that software development is in a rut right now?
- What is the most effective method of updating computer drivers?
- Do you have to deal with teen cyberbullies?
- Regular exercise can reduce anxiety by more than 20%.