One of the nifty features of PowerPoint is that you can assign an action to clip art or a picture. When you click or mouse over the object, a specific action occurs. You can assign actions to clip art, pictures or text within a SmartArt graphic.
To assign an action to clip art in PPT 2007:
- Insert the clip art picture to which you want to add to your slide.
- Select the picture added in step 1.
- On the Insert tab, within the Links group, click Action.
- From the Action Settings box, select the Mouse Click tab or the Mouse Over tab.
- Select one of the following actions:
- None — no action is associated with the picture
- Hyperlink to — links to a destination such as another slide in the presentation
- Run program — runs the selected program
- Run macro — runs the selected macro
- Click OK.
Now, when you click or mouse over the picture, the action your specified in step 5 occurs.