Gnomie Stephen writes:
Happy Earth Day, Chris! I noticed you have not been making videos based on top five list in a while, so I thought I would send one in. Without further ado, here are five tips on how to stay green with your PC.
- If you have a mega awesome speaker system (as I do), turn it down pretty low. Subwoofers take up a lot of power. Or, you could even turn them off and listen through headphones for most of the day.
- Cut off unnecessary external pieces of hardware such as printers, monitors, and any other pieces of hardware that require power.
- This one may seem a bit dramatic, but cut off your PC for a while. Go outside and swim in the pool or walk the dog. No energy is needed for those things.
- Turn down your monitor’s brightness. Or, like I said in number two, just cut it off when you are not using it.
- Use software. There is a free piece of software called Edison that will help you tone down the power settings of your PC. Windows XP and Vista only. You can get it from Verdiem.com.
That is about it. Remember, these are just a few options for you. There are plenty of other things that you can do to help our planet.