When the creative minds behind The NXT STEP blog co-authored The LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Idea Book in the fall of 2007, they hoped to revolutionize the world of homebrew robotics by teaching readers how to build unique and compelling robots, such as a slot machine and a robot that helps take photographs. The NXT STEP blog is back this year with a similar goal — to show readers how to build a fascinating selection of robots with only one NXT kit.
In LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT One-Kit Wonders, readers will find instructions for building 10 exciting robots, including ones that can balance and steer, sort M&Ms, drag race, and park themselves between objects. Other robots include:
- CandyPicker, a robot that picks up candy and other itemsÂ
- RoboLock, a security system that locks and unlocks robots using a passcard
- The Hand, a robotic replacement hand
- GrabBot, a robot that autonomously finds, grabs, lifts, and moves objects
- BobBot, a NXT version of the Bobcat skid-steer loader
“We’re really pleased to be publishing another book from The NXT STEP blog,” said No Starch Press founder Bill Pollock. “Readers will find these robots really fun to build, and we think people will be pleased by the fact that each of them can be built with only one NXT kit.”
Whether readers are new to LEGO building or are veterans seeking new and interesting robots, LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT One-Kit Wonders will have them building amazing creations with just one NXT kit in no time.