Outlook uses profiles to remember your email accounts and settings. Some people find it useful to have two separate profiles – one profile for work and another for personal use.
You can easily create a new profile in Outlook 2007 using the steps described below. The steps assume you are running Vista and Outlook 2007. It also assumes that you have your e-mail account information from either your Internet Service Provider or E-mail Administrator.
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- Click User Accounts and the click Mail. The Mail Setup window will appear.
- Click Show Profiles and the click Add.
- Type in a name for the profile and click OK.
- The E-mail Accounts window will appear. Click the Add a new e-mail account option and click Next.
- Select the appropriate server type for your e-mail account and click Next.
- Provide your e-mail account information and click Next.
- Click Finish and click OK.