Often times, it is better to represent data within a chart. For example, if you want to depict the reporting relationships within an organization, it would be more effect to display the information in an organization chart.
You can add an organization chart to a Word 2007 document using the steps described below.
- On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click SmartArt.
- In the Choose a SmartArt Graphic gallery, click Hierarchy, click an organization chart layout (such as Organization Chart), and then click OK.
- To add your text to the chart objects, do one of the following:
- Click in a shape in the SmartArt graphic and type your text.
- Click [Text] in the Text pane and type your text.
- Copy text from another location or program, click in the Text pane, and paste your text.