Safe Chat with Parental Controls is a universal messenger that supports MSN, Yahoo!, AIM, and ICQ. The parental control features let the parents block other messengers, mask foul language, block Web-based chat sites, and set chat access hours.
- Maintains a complete log of conversations regardless of the chat network chosen.
- Allows parents the choice to block applications from being used when homework should be conducted (games, for example).
- Notifies the parent via email each time a child logs in or attempts to log into their chat account.
- Notifies the parent via email anytime someone attempts to enter a password and enter into the parental control settings panel.
- Built-in list of prohibited words and phrases that the parent can customize. Any language contained in the list will be masked out as *****, while the rest of the phrase will be visible.
- Protects personal information from being given out (i.e. name, address, city, phone number… whatever the parent decides is private information)
[tags]parental control, child safety, parenting[/tags]