In a previous tip, I showed you how to add line numbers to your entire document. This is useful when you have a large document and you need to refer someone to a specific section, it is sometimes easier to use line numbers. You can also add lines numbers to a specific part of a document, instead of the entire document.
Word allows you to quickly and easily add line numbers to a specific section. Once you have your document complete (of course, it must include more than one line), simply complete the steps listed below.
- Select the section you want to number.
- On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click Line Numbers
- Click Line Numbering Options.
- Click the Layout tab.
- In the Apply to list, click Selected sections.
- Click Line Numbers.
- Click the Add line numbering option and select the appropriate options.
[tags]word 2007, microsoft office, document[/tags]