Some people prefer to use single spacing instead of double spacing. You can easily configure Word to use either one. If you use the Line Spacing option in the Paragraph group, you can change specific text within a document to single spacing.
If you want Word to use single spacing as the default for any new documents that you create, you need to complete the steps listed below.
- On the Page Layout tab, click the Paragraph Dialog Box Launcher.
- Click the Indents and Spacing tab.
- In the Spacing section, click the arrow next to the After box until the value is 0 pt.
- In the Line Spacing box, select Single.
- Clear the number in the At box.
- Click Default, and then click Yes when prompted.
[tags]word, microsoft office, document[/tags]