Normally if you try to log on to a remote computer running Vista using a blank password you receive an error message. You can, however, configure Vista to allow network users to log on to the computer with blank passwords (you should consider the security implications before doing so).
To allow network users to use blank passwords:
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- Click System and Maintenance, Administrative Tools and then the Local Security Policy.
- Within the console, expand Local Policies.
- Click Security Options. The various security options are displayed in the details pane.
- Double click Accounts: Limit Local Account Use of Blank Passwords to Console Logon Only.
- Select the Disabled option.
- Click OK.
[tags]vista, blank password, network log in, network log on, security[/tags]