Assuming that your computer meets all the hardware and software requirements for Virtual Server 2005 R2, you can proceed with the installation steps that are described below.
Completing these steps will install both the Virtual Server service and the Administration Web site.
- Insert the Virtual Server CD-ROM to launch the Setup Wizard. The wizard can also be started manually using setup.exe.
- Click through the wizard until you reach the Setup Type page.
- Select Complete. This installs Virtual Server using the default configuration. Click Next.
- On the Configure Components page, either accept the default Web site port of 1024 or type in a new port number. Click Next.
- Accept the default option to Configure the Administration Web site to always run as the authenticated user, or select Configure the Administration Web site to always run as the Local System account. Click Next.
- Click Enable Virtual Server exceptions in Windows Firewall if users will access the virtual server through Windows Firewall. Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish when the Setup Complete page appears.
[tags]Virtual Server 2005, R2, install, Diana Huggins, Microsoft, Windows[/tags]