Filtering email messages is one way that you can keep your Inbox clean. As emails appear in your Inbox, you can manually move them into other folders or, by creating rules, you can configure Outlook to automatically do it for you.
The following example outlines how to create a rule that will move email messages from a specific person into a specific folder.
- Within Outlook, Click Tools and select Rules Wizard.
- From the Rules Wizard dialog box, click the New button.
- Click Start creating a rule from a template and highlight Move new messages from someone.
- Click people or distribution list, highlight the appropriate sender, click From and click OK.
- Click specified and select the folder that you want the email messages placed in. Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Ensure From people or distribution list is selected. Click Next.
- Ensure Move it to the specified folder is selected. Click Next.
- Click Next again unless you need to configure any exceptions.
- Click Finish.
So there you have it. Your email massages from the specific sender will now be placed into a separate folder. The nice thing about this is that it also makes email messages easier to locate. You’ll know exactly where to look if you are looking for an email from a specific person.
[tags]diana huggins,outlook 2002,150+ microsoft office tips,filter email,email rules,rules wizard[/tags]