One question that Lockergnome readers often ask me is ‘How do I save my Word document in PDF format?’ It is possible but many people try to do a ‘Save As’ only to discover that PDF is not in the list of possible file types. This is because you need to use the ‘Print’ function instead of the ‘Save As’ function to save your document as a PDF.
The steps required to complete the process are outlined below. Keep in mind that you need to have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer, not just the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Open the document you want to save as a PDF.
- From the File menu, click Print.
- Under the Printer section, use the drop arrow to select Acrobat Distiller.
- Click OK.
- The Save PDF File As window will appear. Type in a name for the file.
- Be sure the Save As Type is set to PDF files (*.PDF).
- Click Save.
[tags]diana huggins,pdf,adobe acrobat,word document,save as pdf[/tags]