E-mail. It’s become an important part of life. You use it to communicate with friends and loved ones. You use it to do business with people around the world. Both adults and children use it to quickly exchange thoughts and ideas with their peers. And, unfortunately, some people use it to bombard you with “SPAM.” SPAM is the techie word for “junk” or “unsolicited” e-mail” and it’s flooding the Internet and your inbox! If you want to take steps to drastically reduce the amount of SPAM you receive, take a look at SPAM CRUSHER!
Spam Crusher is designed to filter unwanted e-mail, while allowing the e-mail you want to receive. Spam Crusher can be configured to filter multiple e-mail accounts. If your e-mail program is Netscape, Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Incredimail Xe, or PegasusMail, Spam Crusher will automatically detect your e-mail account settings and start working! And, if you’re using another e-mail program that’s not listed, Spam Crusher is really easy to set up. In just a few minutes you can be up and running.
Spam Crusher works in several ways. First, it lets you add the e-mail addresses of those people who are your “friends.” The people you want to receive e-mail from. Friends can be added one at a time, or you can import the address book from your e-mail client right into the program. Spam Crusher will not filter any e-mail from someone on your ‘friends’ list. Their e-mail will always get through.
Secondly, Spam Crusher blocks out offensive e-mail using a filter list that’s made up of thousands of entries. These filters contain domain names and e-mail addresses of known spammers. The filters also contain offensive words and phrases. And, this list is constantly updated by us.
Thirdly, Spam Crusher lets you add things to the filter list that are offensive to you. e-mail addresses, domain names, words, and more. That means Spam Crusher is constantly getting smarter and filtering out more and more junk. Continuously crushing more of the junk mail aimed at you!
Spam Crusher also lets you add “new friends” on the fly, directly from the Trash Can. Those on your friends list and those who aren’t are easily identified with icons. That makes it easy to maintain.
As you can see, Spam Crusher is designed to help eliminate SPAM from your e-mail. We’ve described the basic ways Spam Crusher works and here are just some of its features:
- Configure how often Spam Crusher checks for e-mail
- Easily add new friends directly from the Trash Can
- Add new filters right from the Inbox
- Automatically start Spam Crusher when Windows starts
- Set a “hot key” to bring the program up
- Set a “Mail in” and “Spam filtered” sound for each account
- Turn sounds on and off by account
- Launch your e-mail program to get your mail
- View your e-mail right from the Spam Crusher Inbox
- Turn sounds off for ALL accounts (mute)
- View any e-mail right from the Trash Can
- Set Spam Crusher to delete old SPAM every so many days
- Delete some or all filtered e-mails immediately
- Check ALL accounts now!
- Password protect the filters so children can’t see them
- Have Spam Crusher delete e-mails with certain attachments, like .PIF, .BAT, and the like
- Salvage any e-mail directly from the Trash Can
- Pause Spam Crusher operation
- Live Update to automatically get the latest version
- Filter update every 14 days, if desired
Disclaimer: Spam Crusher currently does not work with AOL, Hotmail, or Juno. We are working on it for a release in the near future.