GlobalFind is a file search and replace tool that allows you to find files that contain a specific keyword, and optionally replace the keyword with another.
The program supports search for extended characters by using a special query string, but other than that offers mostly basic features. You can search within the results and also save the results to a file.
GlobalFind can search through files for specific data and display the results in a list. A few notable features:
- Performs fast query searching within files.
- Reliably replaces text directly in the files.
- Allows usage of “extended” characters by using a special setting.
- Search options include “case sensitive” and “whole word only.”
- Optional “search within results” for text searches.
- Log file tracking and command line “silent” mode.
- Configurable file viewer to view changes.
- Configurable thread priority for searches.
- All settings are auto-saved for you on exit for next time.
GlobalFind is 100% free and is a “must have” if you find you need a fast and reliable search utility.
[521k] [Win98/ME/NT/2k/XP] [FREE] [SnapFiles]
[tags]globalfind,kgp software,search and replace,file tracking[/tags]