There are a few different ways that you can open the Windows XP Calculator. You can access it from the Accessories menu off the Start Menu. Alternatively, you can open the Run command and type ‘calc’. If you frequently use the Calculator, you can also create a keyboard shortcut to open the program using the steps described below:
- Right click a blank space on the desktop, point to New, and click Shortcut.
- Type in calc and click Next.
- Click Finish. The shortcut will now appear on the desktop.
Note: At this point you can stop and simply double click the desktop shortcut to launch the Calculator program. You can also complete the remaining steps below to assign a keyboard shortcut to the program.
- Right click the shortcut you just created and click Properties.
- Click inside the field next to ‘Shortcut Key.’
- Type in the keystroke you want to assign to the shortcut
- Click OK.