When taking a PowerPoint presentation between different computers, there is always the concern that the next computer may not have PowerPoint installed. Of course this could make it a little difficult. Thankfully PowerPoint includes a PowerPoint Viewer that can be used to display your presentation on a computer that doesn’t have the application installed.
You can use the Pack and Go feature of PowerPoint to pack up your presentation and the viewer. This feature is also useful in compressing a presentation so it will fit on your storage media.
In any case, you can pack up your presentation using the following steps:
- Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- From the File menu, click Pack and Go.
- Click Next.
- Verify that Active Presentation is selected. Click Next.
- Choose where to presentation should be copied to, such as your floppy drive. Click Next.
- Choose whether to include linked files and embedded fonts. Keep in mind that if you select these options, the size of the presentation will increase. Click Next.
- If you are taking the presentation to a computer that doesn’t have PowerPoint installed, select Viewer for Microsoft Windows. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Your presentation is now packed and ready to go.