As you learned in a previous article, PowerPoint 2002 gives you the ability to broadcast a PowerPoint presentation. You also learned how to schedule a broadcast. Once you have completed this step, you are ready to set up your presentation for the broadcast.
As with most presentations, you usually want to spend a few minutes before you start to get things organized. The same holds true when you plan to broadcast a PowerPoint presentation. So here are the steps you should complete to get ready for your presentation.
- Open your PowerPoint presentation that you are broadcasting.
- Click Slide Show, point to Online Broadcast, and click Start Live Broadcast Now.
- Click Broadcast when prompted.
- The Broadcast Presentation dialog box is displayed. It will display the status of your presentation as it is prepared.
- Click the Audio Message button to create a message that will appear on the Lobby page when users join the broadcast.
- You can view the Lobby page at any time by selecting the Preview Lobby Page button.
- You can press Start when you are ready.
You can then proceed through your presentation. When you are finished you can simply close your presentation.