Many people share their computers with other uses, whether its co-workers or family members. There are many ways that you can your privacy on a shared computer. For example, you can configure Windows to not display a list of your most recently opened documents. This way, other users cannot see what documents you opened.
Another option for maintaining your privacy relates to Windows Explorer searches. By default, anyone who uses your computer can see your most recent searches. However, you can easily turn off the recent
- Click Start and type gpedit.msc in the Search box.
- Right click the gpedit.msc icon and select ‘Run as Administrator.
- Provide Administrator password or user consent to open the Group Policy Editor.
- Navigate to User Configuration Administrative Templates Windows Components Windows Explorer.
- Double click ‘Turn off display of recent search entries in the Windows Explorer search box’ and select Enabled.
- Click OK and close the Group Policy Editor.
[awsbullet:Windows 7 Inside Out]