In a previous article, I showed you how to turn your USB drive into a Password Reset Disk. In the event that you forget your password, you can easily use your USB drive to reset your password and log onto the computer.
Windows Vista makes it simple to reset your password with a USB drive. This, of course, assumes that you completed the steps described in ‘Turn a USB Drive into a Password Reset Disk in Windows Vista’. If so, just complete the steps described below to reset your password.
- If you forgot your, insert your USB drive that you set up with your password reset disk.
- Click the Reset password link from the login screen.
- The Password Reset Wizard appears. Click Next.
- Select the drive letter assigned to your USB drive. Click Next.
- When prompted, type in a new password and create a new password hint.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
You can now log on to your computer using your new password.
[awsbullet:S. M. Stirling]