With the much anticipated iPad now available, many of you are likely wondering what weather app is best for the job. Clearly, if getting accurate, timely weather updates is important, getting WeatherBug Elite for the Apple iPad is the logical choice.
Did someone say features?
- Weather At-A-Glance – Users get a comprehensive single-screen view of weather information via a new widget panel design and large display map integration.
- Location-Enabled Intelligence – Use “Find Me” to bypass location settings, allowing the app to automatically detect device location in order to present the most relevant weather data.
- Optimized Visualization – Large maps are available to better visualize current conditions and approaching storms. The entire presentation of weather data is optimized for either portrait or landscape mode viewing.
- High Resolution Video – View WeatherBug National Outlook videos in 640×480 resolution.
- Instant Camera Images – Quick-glance snapshots and live weather camera images are instantly available from up to 15 locations within 100 mile radius of the user’s current location.
- Live, local current conditions via the WeatherBug Network — the largest weather network in the world.
- Radar animation*
- Nine (9) contour map layers: Current Temperature, Pressure, Humidity, Wind Speed, Infrared Satellite, Visible Satellite, Doppler Radar, Tomorrow’s High / Low Temperatures
- Extended 7-day, detailed and hourly* forecasts
- Severe weather alerts (NWS alerts)
- Daily National Weather Outlook broadcasts provided by WeatherBug meteorologists*
- Enhanced current conditions with 12 distinct observations
- Portrait and landscape mode visualization
- Pan and zoom map controls
- Weather camera images and time-lapse animation*
- Unlimited saved locations
- Cached weather data for offline viewing
- Map auto-center function
If you’ve used WeatherBug elite on the iPhone, then you know how powerful WeatherBug is for providing the latest weather information right when you need it. But you haven’t seen anything yet until you’ve seen WeatherBug’s animated weather maps on the new iPad screen. Wow!
Where can you get it?
If you are among the lucky to already have your iPads, you will find WeatherBug Elite in the iPad App Store right from the Tablet! If you are using an iPhone instead, then consider the iPhone apps instead.