Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that Spyborgs has shipped to retail exclusively for Wii. Spyborgs, Capcom’s hottest new thrill ride, combines an extraordinary sci-fi world with action-packed 2-player co-op, epic multi-stage bosses, and the old-school beat em’ up feel that will satisfy fans of the genre and fans of robot destruction alike.
In Spyborgs, a cybernetically enhanced group of superheroes is set-up to be destroyed by a former team member. When players take control of the weapon-enhanced cyborgs in their pursuit of the traitor, they will come together in 2-player co-op to face over 35 stages of mind-blowing challenges packed with epic boss battles and swarms of enemies that only a team of two can defeat!
Players select two of the three Spyborg characters and use the Wii Remote to shoot, slash and pummel their way through hordes of mechanized enemies. Designed around a team experience, in single-player mode, players will be able to strategically jump back and forth from one member of the team to the other, rapidly tackling different challenges with their unique abilities.
- Stunning Graphics: Pushing the graphics capabilities of Wii, Spyborgs will offer a variety of vibrant environments and detailed character models alongside action-packed gameplay.
- Extreme Co-Op: Although designed as a 2-player co-op experience, Spyborgs can be enjoyed whether playing alone or with friends, as single players can jump seamlessly between characters at any time to take advantage of their unique weapons and skills while friends can tag-team it to create crazy combos and finisher moves for the ultimate brawl.
- Brawler-style Gameplay: Action-packed, intuitive gameplay for all skill-levels.
- Robust Attack System: Players can combo their attacks and increase their Power meters to unleash devastating “Finisher” and “Co-Op Finisher” moves.
- Upgradeable Attack System: Power-up by collecting “crimson spark” currency from defeated enemies, destructible environments and weapons crates to purchase upgrades.
- Instant Character Swap: Single-player games allow players to instantly switch between two characters mid-combat to utilize each character’s strengths.
- Cinematic Boss Battles: Epic, action-packed and absolutely thrilling battles featuring full-screen, dynamic and wickedly challenging bosses.
- Robust Achievement System: Similar to Xbox Live and PSN, players are rewarded with an Achievement Title signifying their accomplishment. Taking it one step further, these Achievements also unlock bonus videos, concept art and new challenges in the game.