Creating and running a cable network is easy! Just follow this guide and you’re off and running.
1. Create a theme around your network. It can be geared toward any niche such as history, learning, tech or music.
2. Create programming to match the niche.
3. Create quality shows with actual content. You may have to pay actors, editors, directors and other staff well at first.
4. Run your programs on the network. Repeat the same programming 3 times a week, 3 times a day, several times a month or all of the above.
5. If you don’t have enough programming, fill in some of the time with paid commercial advertisements or old reruns from other networks.
6. Even though you are running the same programs over and over again and part of your programming is paid commercial advertisements, continue to charge cable providers or viewers large amounts of money for your programming.
7. Once you’ve built a brand with your network, pull the quality programming and replace it with quick and cheap reality TV programming.
8. Since the new reality TV format no longer matches the niche you named it after, you may need to change the name of your network. This is easy, just use the initials to your network name (i.e. The Learning Channel = TLC) and most people won’t notice.
9. If the reality TV shows aren’t performing as expected, start scripting them. You still don’t have to pay real actors and it will be more entertaining, yet still quick and cheap.
10. To take your network over the top, get free press by being a part of a controversy such as a sex tape or a couple that has 8 kids divorcing. If this doesn’t happen naturally, script it.
There you have it. Follow these steps and you’ll be off to making millions from your new network in no time.