Over at Tux Geek, there’s an interesting post containing suggestions for the next version of Ubuntu. I don’t necessarily agree with them but it’s always nice to read what other people think. It’s worth checking out.
Being completely, almost genetically unable to let things be, I felt it necessary to contribute my own
LIST OF THINGS UBUNTU NEEDS TO MAKE THEIR NEXT RELEASE SUCCESSFUL.
- Celebrity Endorsements: just imagine how popular Ubuntu would become if some mindless famous person was seen using it. Paris Hilton comes to mind, but she can’t use anything more complicated than a pocketbook. Maybe a Cindy Crawford, Sandra Bullock, or the cast of Cheating Hollywood Housewives of Chattanooga.
- What don’t the other distros offer? Dog training.
- Anything but that hideous brown – PLEASE
- detects nearby Windows boxes and sends laughing packets to it
- Better code names for future releases.
- Spokesmodels! (with pizza and beer)
- nifty Ubuntu iron-on and pocket protector
- Win Shuttleworth’s car!
- massive tax breaks!