Like many other Firefox fans today I downloaded the latest and greatest release from Mozilla, Firefox 3. Of course it took me a few hours to get it because of server issues, was that the record they where going after?, but finally I was able to get it and here are top 5 things I like about it.
- New Theme- The new theme looks sweet on OS X, Windows, and Linux, whys that? Because Firefox 3 now has a integrated theme for all of the major operating systems making it look more like a native app. The main theme for OS X has a great solid grey look with no vibrant colors present. The lack of color shocked me at first, but it does look good none the less.
- Better Password Prompt- Before with Firefox when it asked you to save a password it would stop the webpage completely until you answered. Now this annoying box is gone and integrated to the top of the page and you can answer it at anytime without it stopping your page from loading.
- The Add-ons Revamped- It is now easier to manage what you have installed on Firefox now and just as easy to disable it. The true genius of this is that it lets you search for themes and add-ons without navigating to the default homepage.
- Better Security- Phishing sites and malware are a thing of the past with Firefox 3. It will protect even the worst of sites from ever being displayed on your computer(if this isn’t enough of a reason to stop using IE7 I don’t what is).
- Super Smart Location Bar- The location bar, the thing you type the url in, is the smartest of any browser to date. What does this mean? Say you read a story about Obama and you don’t remember the website it was on just type Obama in the location bar and a list of webpages you have visited with the selected text will appear. This means no more backtracking through a weeks worth of browsing history to find a link.
These are just some of the things from Firefox 3 that I like, what are some of yours?