I have been switching a lot of things these days, from Windows to OS X to name one, but recently I did something I thought I would never do, leave MySpace for Facebook. I have been on MySpace for over two years now and I saw it grow from a few million people to everyone who can read and write having a personal page. While this doesn’t bother me too much there are a few things that aggravated me enough to switch from the social network
Ladies and gentleman, here goes my first top 5 list a few weeks.
5. Advertisements – While ads don’t bother me too much the ones on MySpace are getting ridiculous. I hate how the home page is flooded with ads every where! Now I cant say I hate them, because thats how I get paid, but there are tasteful ways of doing this.
4. Bad server, bad! Ever try to log in to MySpace around 8 pm? It’s damn near impossible with millions of twelve-year-old girls logged on talking to their BFF Jill or their online boyfriend, which leads me to my next point.
3. Twelve-year-old girls trying to add me – Nothing is more special than waking up to a friend request from somebody named RAWRgirl from New Jersey who dresses like she is 20, really is 12, talks like she is 25, and writes that she is 18. I swear I could make a scrap book out of these friend requests.
2. The new hip band trying to add me, every day – Don’t you love to have some band from Texas with no talent trying to get you to listen to their new EP, which is only $5.00 on iTunes dude. While I have found a few decent bands like this, they are surely in the minority.
1. Somebody’s personal page – How many of you have seen a MySpace page with bad HTML and the song “Crazy Bitch” from Buckcherry playing? I am sure everyone raised their hand. People go to Google type HTML MySpace and just paste it on their site and screw with everyone trying to visit it. I can’t tell you how many times I have had my Internet crash out because someone posted 1200 new pictures directly on their page. Oh, and a Last.FM player as well; by the way I love Last.FM.
Well this is my rant for the week, I now feel better. leave a comment, do you use MySpace? Facebook? Do you hate the same things I do?