Gnomie PongoShawn writes:
As the days pass, more and more people are purchasing gaming consoles or considering purchasing one, so I made these top 5 tips to consider when purchasing a gaming console.
- Do you want portability? If so, then you should consider the Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP), or the Nintendo DS. Say you take your PSP out of the house sometimes, but most of the time it is in your house, and you want to use it on your big (or small) screen… what do you do? Well, with the newer models (PSP 2000 series) you can buy a component cable that connects your PSP to your TV so you can play games on your screen.
- Do you want a unified online gaming experience (Xbox Live)? Consider purchasing the Microsoft Xbox 360 if you prefer to have a unified online gaming experience. Keep in mind that with the Xbox Live service, you need to pay to get full benefits.
- Do graphics matter? If so, consider getting the Sony PlayStation 3. All of its games come in a high definition format, as well as a Blu-ray player to play all of your Blu-ray DVDs. In my opinion, if you want a Blu-ray player by itself, I wouldn’t get it — I would just pay the extra bucks and get the gaming console and the Blu-ray DVD player in one package. Also, keep in mind that you can play PlayStation 2 games on the PlayStation 3.
- Do you want a fun experience? Then get the Nintendo Wii. This is a perfect gift for senior centers, as well as everyday people. The Nintendo Wii can actually be used as a form of exercising with the games that are included in the Wii Sports or Wii Play packages.
- Does the price matter? If it does, then try to get the closest game console that can fit your budget. If you MUST have the gaming console but don’t have a lot of money, you can go and purchase used ones through services like eBay or simply go to a retailer that sells used products near you.
BONUS TIP: Don’t forget that every console releases some form of heat, which means you need a good circulation of air in order for it to properly function. Also — If you have carpet, do not place the gaming console on it. If you do, the dust can get into your system and possibly cause fatal damage.
Good luck narrowing down your choices for a console if you haven’t!