Its been a few months since I bought my first Mac, G4 iMac, and to my surprise it has turned my life around. Never before have I been this thrilled to use my computer. I actually get excited about using it and learning new things about it. So here are my top five reasons I prefer to use my iMac to my Windows PC.
- Reliability- My iMac is 4yrs old and for the few months I have owned it I have yet to have a single issue. This computer has never froze on me nor have I had any type of viruses. Whenever I sit down at my desk I know my iMac will be working at 100%, its a good feeling.
- Simple and fast- OS X, pronounced O S 10, is so much easier to use and faster than Windows XP or even Vista. My iMac has a G4 1GHZ processor with 1 gig of RAM and it runs as fast as my newer solo-core Dell laptop. Also there is nothing confusing about the interface. I know where all of my applications are stored at and I know where everything else on this machine is at, oh and if I don’t the finder makes finding it so simple.
- iChat is wonderful- Chatting with someone via web-cam in iChat is one of the best computing experiences you can have. There really isn’t to much to add to this except that you need to try it for yourself.
- Still supported- I have a 4yr old machine and yet Apple is still, still!, supporting its hardware. I can install the newest version of OS X, Leopard, and not have to worry about a slower experience or lack of compatibility.
- The best experience you can get- When you buy something with the Apple logo you know you are buying quality. Like with buying an expensive car like a BMW you can expect to have the best experience possible. You feel like you are part of a club or something when you buy a Mac, its a good feeling.
So if you have anything to add please leave it as a comment, or if you disagree with me than please leave it as a comment too!