I was chatting on Wyldryde IRC tonight, and I was complaining about how I have to log into all of my email accounts to check them. While this is not a difficult task, it can get repetitive; especially since I have more than four email accounts that I regularly check.
SC_Thor/ThunderIT-Allan pointed me towards Gmail. Currently I have three Gmail accounts, so how I did not know about this feature is beyond me. Gmail allows you to download up to five email accounts (via POP3) into one Gmail account. You can also opt to send emails from your other accounts via gmail. For example, I can receive and send email from my Comcast address, all from my Gmail account.
How do you do this? Well, it is very simple!
- Create a Gmail account or use a previously existing one
- Click Settings – > Accounts
- To download your email from another account, click “Add Another Mail Account”. In some cases you will have to enable POP3 from your other email account
- You will have to enter in your password for your other email account
- You can then chose to label all of your incoming email based on accounts
This is a very simple process that takes only a few minutes to set up. If you use multiple email accounts that support POP3, you may want to consider using gmail to view all of your email.