Okay, well as Apple had said, anyone who hacked their iPhone would have it rendered no good after the next update. Well for those of you that did not believe them, you’re now probably sitting there pretty angry that you have a $500 unusable iPhone.
Well fear not, there is now a way you can revive that broken iPhone, at a cost of course. It will cost you about $100 and a little work, but I’m sure it’s worth it to you. Unbrick that iPhone now.
Here is what it says on their Web site… Check it out for more info.
World’s First Unlock for iPhone 1.1.1 / 04.01.13_G Firmware
Our sincere congratulations, to the iPhone/ iTouch Dev Team for their brilliant work in finding an ingenious way to jailbreak the 1.1.1 system. This exciting news means we are now able to gladly welcome all SIMFREE unlocked phone owners to UPGRADE to 1.1.1 if they so wish.
Further to this, we are very proud to announce, (after some very difficult and lengthy hardware hackery), we were able to retrieve the necessary info to create the world first 1.1.1 unlock solution. We have now tested SimFree v1.6 with phones that have the new Baseband version 04.01.13_G with full success. This now means that SimFree v1.6 release, is now capable of completely restoring/repairing software unlocked “bricked” iPhone. Those of you wishing to repair your phone, please read the following steps.
Steps for “un-bricking” your anySim or iUnock iPhones:
1. Follow the iPhone/iTouch dev team steps to bring your phone back to 1.0.2 system (your baseband firmware will still be the newer 04.01.13_G)
2. Register your true IMEI (found engraved on the back of your phone) with our servers through one of our trusted resellers.
3. Power down your phone and REMOVE your sim
4. Power up with the sim removed and Install SimFree.app 1.6 (simplest method is through apptapp installer, see post below)
5. Follow this tutorial to execute the Simfree. app.
Here is the direct link to SimFree v1.6: Download SimFree v1.6
Why use iPhoneSimFree, Facts about unlocking with SimFree
1. iPhoneSimFree was the first to release a Software Unlock for the iPhone.
2. iPhoneSimFree Unlock works on ALL versions of iPhone (1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.1.1)
3. iPhoneSimFree Unlock works on ALL versions of Modem Firmware ( even the latest 04.01.13_G )
4. iPhoneSimFree Unlocked phones can be updated from any version to 1.1.1 safely without bricking your radio and GSM functions (unlike other unlock methods)
5. iPhoneSimFree does not patch your devices firmware ( unlike other unlocking methods )
6. iPhoneSimFree can FIX all phones that anySim and iUnlock bricked with the 1.1.1 update
7. iPhoneSimFree Unlock is restore and update resistant up to and including 1.1.1
[tags]iPhone, unbrick, repair, fix, [/tags]