Microsoft Game Studios and Epic Games, Inc. today announced that “Gears of War” has gone gold. To celebrate the passing of the “gone gold” development milestone, a sneak preview of the TV and cinematic trailer is available now on Xbox Live.
Emerging onto store shelves across the nation on Nov. 12, “Gears of War” is set to deliver exciting action and horrific battles that can only be created by a chainsaw bayonet this Holiday.
Xbox Live will celebrate Emergence Day with 24-hours of special events beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 12. Xbox Live Gold members in North America will have a chance to participate in online tournaments, download videos, win prizes and participate in a variety of activities including:
- A 24-Hour Leader board Tournament. The tournament winner receives a one of a kind “Gears of War” branded guitar as well as an automatic bye to the finals of a Global “Gears of War” Tournament planned for 2007.
- Hourly sweepstakes drawings and prize giveaways including the chance to win one of several Samsung HT-P29 Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound Systems
- An exclusive free “Gears of War” Gamer pic and theme only available on Emergence Day
- Game with Fame sessions with legendary heavy metal band and “Gears of War” fans Megadeth, the game’s lead designer Cliff Bleszinski and other members of the Epic Games team
- Never before seen videos including a special Emergence Day transmission from Cliff Bleszinski
- An MTV “Gears of War: The Road to Launch” Sneak Preview
Gamers should continue to check back the official Xbox website for more details on these and other Emergence Day events.
From Epic Games, “Gears of War” thrusts gamers into humankind’s epic battle for survival against the Locust Horde, a nightmarish race of creatures that surface from the bowels of the planet. This M-rated game blends the best of tactical action games with the best of survival horror titles. “Gears of War” features cinematic, beautifully rendered interactive environments with high-definition visuals. “Gears of War” will be widely available at retailers nationwide on Nov. 12 for $69.99 (CDN). A Limited Collectors Edition will also be available that will include a an official “Destroyed Beauty” art-book and a bonus DVD featuring an inside look at the making of the game, all enclosed in a highly collectible metal tin box for $79.99 (CDN).