Staying in touch with clan (or guild) members can be one of the hardest tasks for starting and experienced gaming clans alike. People have different schedules, maybe they live halfway across the world, or maybe they are just busy. I have found that a simple forum can prove to be an invaluable tool. Below are a few ideas to consider.
- Make sure you get your clan excited about your board and ready to post. No one likes a empty massage board. Spark some conversations about past matches, etc.
- Get your members in a habit of checking your message board often for news and updates. This will increase overall activity and keep the board active and fun.
- Create a recruitment thread to help keep newcomers organized.
- Post pictures/stats of past battles, make other clans jealous!
- Create polls to see what people thought or think of certain events.
- So much more can be done, as well.
If you are looking to get started with a free message board for your clan, then I recommend trying FreePowerBoards.com. I have used it in the past for my gaming message boards and love its fast loading times and customization options.
Well, that’s about it. I hope you find this article useful and fuel your clan with your own message board!
Chris Davis is a proud supporter of building online communities and enjoys writing short guides to helping people get started.