“Codename: Panzers – Phase One” was a wildly popular real-time strategy (for a low-budget title). So, it makes sense that “Codename: Panzers – Phase Two” is in development. and, from the provided screenshots, it looks even better than before. Hopefully the gameplay won’t suffer when it’s released this July.
“Codename: Panzers – Phase Two” is the upcoming stand-alone follow-up to 2004’s globally acclaimed “Codename: Panzers – Phase One.”
In Phase Two, players will encounter new and familiar heroes as the battleground of World War II shifts to Africa, the Mediterranean, and the Balkans. New units, buildings, terrain, and tactical capabilities, along with challenging and surprise-filled missions and campaigns, round out this newest offering from CDV Software Entertainment and Stormregion. A full-featured mission editor will also be included to expand the gameplay. No fan of World War II or RTS games will want to miss it.
Additional features of “Codename: Panzers – Phase Two” include:
* Three captivating campaigns, inspired by key battles of World War II, all of which can be viewed from the perspectives of the Anglo-American Allies, the German-Italian Axis, or the Yugoslavian resistance forces. The action takes you from the sweltering deserts of Africa, to the scenic Italian and Sicilian countryside, and into the former Yugoslavia, famous for its gorgeous yet treacherous heavily forested mountain landscapes.
* A variety of new and familiar heroes, special missions, optional goals, and a number of surprises all combine to keep game play fresh and challenging with superb replay value.
* A comprehensive editor allows ambitious players to create their own missions, complete with triggered cut-scenes, scripted events, modified maps and terrain features. The editor even allows modification of units to better match a player’s personal preferences.
* Day-night cycles take on an even greater importance with nighttime stealth and search and destroy missions. Certain vehicles are now equipped with headlights and taillights that may be switched on to aid their driver’s visibility—unfortunately they also disclose one’s presence to the enemy.
* Hundreds of fully destructible object types and buildings comprise the battlegrounds in which units interact even more realistically with the terrain. More than twenty new unit types and variants are introduced, broadening tactical capabilities.
* An enhanced version of the celebrated Gepard 3D graphics engine renders the environment in genre-defying detail; players can zoom, pan and rotate the camera view for optimal close-up detail or pull back for improved strategic awareness and battle oversight.
* Rich and diverse linked and stand-alone missions with innovative primary, secondary and secret objectives challenge the player’s tactical prowess; rarely will one standard tactic be successful across multiple missions.
* All missions support competitive and cooperative gameplay, allowing you to fight against your most dastardly online antagonists or alongside your favorite ally, crushing your enemies on the virtual battlefield.
* A deeper, richer plot, much of which was written by two acclaimed U.S. screenwriters that have worked on television projects such as Law & Order, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the upcoming cinema adaptations of the Dungeon Siege game series.
* Improved, high quality voice-overs were recorded in a premium Los Angeles sound studio; characters now feature established voice talents: at present we are in final negotiations with Peter Weller, best known for his roles in Robocop, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, Naked Lunch and Leviathan.
CDV Software Entertainment is dedicated to publishing and distributing top-notch war and strategy games worldwide. The publicly traded company, founded and headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, has its North American office located in Cary, North Carolina. As publisher of critically acclaimed titles like Codename: Panzers, Divine Divinity, American Conquest, Sudden Strike, Combat Mission, Cossacks and the Blitzkrieg series, CDV is Europe’s leading publisher of PC strategy titles.
Release: July, 2005.