During the month of December, I tried an experiment. Every time something went wrong with one of the computers here in the Brain household, I made a note of it in my blog. My goal was to see how much time I waste in a typical month on computer problems/maintenance. Prior to this experiment, I had a vague notion that I was spending a fair amount of time on this kind of stuff. This experiment has brought the actual amount of time into sharp focus.
I believe it. I’ve spent hours trying to fix weird problems with my computer. Like the other day when I spent almost two hours trying to reinstall IE6 because Microsoft complicated its uninstall / install process by using repair.