Why a do you need a notebook cooler? One of the main reasons is to extend the life of your notebook and it’s parts. With the new dual-cores being the main notebook cpu’s, our notebooks are running hotter than ever. To cool down your notebook Antec makes a dual fan unit that plugs into an available USB port, but still allows you to use the port with a USB connector on the Antec plug.
The Antec notebook cooler is described as:
- Protect your valuable investment and reduce heat-related instability
- USB-powered cooler with pass-through connector included
- Draw power from any USB port without losing use of the USB port
- Low power consumption
- No batteries or power adapter needed
- 2 Double ball-bearing fans for reliability
- Quieter than a whisper, only 25.9 dB(A)
- AQ3 Antec Quality three-year warranty
I have two of the units and they both run perfectly after two years.