I have been using the Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 for about a year now, and I have the product to work very well. I am using Apple Talk to stay in contact with family and friends and this web cam works great. It includes a built in microphone and setup is fairly easy with the software that comes with the unit. If you are using Windows 7 Microsoft has a download to update the software to make the web cam compatible with Windows 7.
On the Amazon site they describe the product as:
- Superior video quality and high definition still photos
- Automatic face tracking software
- Crystal-clear audio with built-in microphone
- Video effects let you express yourself during chats
- Optimized for Windows Live; Windows Live Call Button, LifeCam Dashboard, and One-Touch Blogging
As I previously stated, new software is available from Microsoft for Windows 7 users. Check out the link below.