When I was a kid, I wanted to be a Meteorologist. It didn’t happen, of course. I do enjoy the weather changes we have here in the Pacific Northwest. I really love the iPad weather app put out by our friends at WeatherBug. WeatherBug Elite for iPad employs the power of the WeatherBug network to provide iPad users with the latest weather information including local current conditions, extended forecast, severe weather alerts, animated Doppler radar, live weather camera images and much more!
This is a seriously full-featured app at a ridiculously awesome price… free! Key app features include:
- Weather At-A-Glance – Users get a comprehensive single-screen view of weather information via a new widget panel design and large display map integration.
- Location-Enabled Intelligence – Use “Find Me” to bypass location settings, allowing the app to automatically detect device location in order to present the most relevant weather data.
- Optimized Visualization – Large maps are available to better visualize current conditions and approaching storms. The entire presentation of weather data is optimized for either portrait or landscape mode viewing.
- High Resolution Video – View WeatherBug National Outlook videos in 640×480 resolution.
- Instant Camera Images – Quick-glance snapshots and live weather camera images are instantly available from up to 15 locations within 100 mile radius of the user’s current location.
You’ll find a host of other features, as well, including Live, local current conditions, Radar animation, nine contour map layers, Severe weather alerts and so much more.
This app is honestly one of the best weather apps I’ve ever come across. There is no end to what you can do, see and learn with WeatherBug Elite on your iPad.