I’ve talked about GoToMeeting many times in the past. It’s an excellent way to conduct a meeting online, and it’s easy to use. It’s free to attend meetings, takes seconds to join and offers unlimited toll-based or free VoIP audio options. With the launch of the iPad, our friends at Citrix have put together an app which will launch tomorrow to bring GoToMeeting right to your iPad.
All you need to join a meeting using iPad is an Internet connection and the GoToMeeting app. With the app, meeting attendees will be able to do any number of things, including:
- View exactly what is on the presenter’s screen on iPad’s beautiful 9.7” display.
- Join the conversation via VoIP through iPad’s audio – or over a regular phone.
- Use iPad’s innovative Multi-Touch interface to zoom in on content.
- Tilt the iPad to switch between portrait and landscape view.
- Easily see who is attending the meeting – and who is talking at any given point.
Bernd Oliver Christiansen, vice president and chief technology officer of Citrix Online, says that “Increasing demands on the workforce have created an acute need for more mobility in our work styles. Most businesses have moved beyond the traditional 9-5 day, and need to maximize every minute of their time to be as productive as possible. We believe the GoToMeeting App for iPad is a great asset for mobile work productivity, since it goes places where workers wouldn’t necessarily take a laptop, yet they are still able to attend meetings and get some serious work done.”
I’ve used GoToMeeting myself many times on my home computer. The brains behind this awesome piece of technological goodness aren’t joking when they say it’s powerful and easy to use. I’ve conducted MANY online meetings with my community using the software, and will likely do more in the future.