Most Web browsers keep a history of what web pages you have visited so it is easy for you to find a previously visited Web page. If you use Yahoo, this history is used to help personalize your search by auto-completing your searches. This feature is actually used in other parts of your web browsing experience, such as when you fill in forms. When you search with Yahoo, auto-complete remembers your recent searches and anticipates your search based on your previous search history. You may not want Yahoo to remember your searches or offer search suggestions, though, especially if you share a computer with other people. If you would like to delete your Yahoo search history, you will need to delete your search history from your internet browser’s settings. Here’s how:
To Delete History In Firefox 4:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox menu, go over to the History menu and select Clear Recent History. (For Windows XP: At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu and select Clear Recent History.)
- Then, select how much history you want to clear.
- Next, click the drop-down menu next to Time range to clear to choose how much of your history Firefox will clear.
- Click the arrow next to Details to select exactly what information will get cleared. Your choices are described in the What things are included in my history? section above.
- Finally, click the Clear Now button and the window will close and the items you’ve selected will be cleared.
To Delete Search History in Chrome:
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Tools.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- Then, select the “Clear browsing history” checkbox.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data you want to delete. Select beginning of time to clear your entire browsing history.
- Click Clear browsing data.
To Delete Search History in Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Click the Tools menu.
- Select Delete Browsing History.
- Select the “History” and “Form data” checkboxes.
- Click Delete.
To Delete Search History in Safari:
- Open Safari and click on Edit.
- Then, choose Reset Safari…
- A popup will then ask what features you want to reset in Safari. You can choose from:
- Clear History
- Empty the Cache
- Clear the Downloads
- Remove all the Cookies
- Remove the Web site Icons
- Remove Saved Names and Passwords
- Remove other AutoFill form text
- Clean recent Web searches
- Close all Safari windows
Though clearing just the history will remove the history of websites in Safari, selecting all of these boxes for a complete Safari reset will completely flush all of your browsing data and is recommended.
If you use the Yahoo Toolbar, you may also want to clear the Toolbar search history. To access the Yahoo! Toolbar settings to delete your Yahoo search history, either click the pencil icon or the Settings tab in your Yahoo! Toolbar.