Windows 7 includes a variety of theme packs. Theme packs contain specific desktop backgrounds, window colors, sounds and screen savers. By changing the current theme pack, you can change all these settings at once.
Changing the theme pack is very simple to do. In fact, if you share your computer with family members, don’t be surprised if the theme pack continuously changes. Fortunately, you can prevent others from changing the theme pack by following the series of steps described below.
- Click Start, type regedit in the search field and press Enter. The Registry Editor window appears.
- Within the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer.
- In the right hand pane, create a new DWORD (32-bit) value. Name the value NoThemesTab.
- Double click the NoThemesTab and set the value to 1.
- Click OK and close the Registry Editor.