Suddenly, everyone’s talking about HTML5, and ready or not, you need to get acquainted with this powerful new development in Web and application design. Some of its new features are already being implemented by existing browsers, and much more is around the corner.
Written by developers who have been using the new language for the past year in their work, Introducing HTML5 shows you how to start adapting the language now to realize its benefits on today’s browsers. Rather than being just an academic investigation, this book concentrates on the practical — the problems HTML5 can solve for you right away. By following the book’s hands-on HTML5 code examples you’ll learn:
- new semantics and structures to help your site become richer and more accessible
- the uses of native multimedia for video and audio
- techniques for drawing lines, fills, gradients, images, and text with canvas
- how to build more intelligent Web forms
- implementation of new storage options and Web databases
- how geolocation works with HTML5 in both Web and mobile applications