Do you need to create two separate tables that are side by side? The solution is simple. Create two column sections within the document and create one table within each column.
- Within your Word document, click Page Layout.
- Within the Page Setup group, click Breaks. Under Section Breaks, select one of the available options.
- Within the Page Setup group, click columns and then click Two.
- Click within the first column.
- Click Insert and click Tables within the Tables group.
- Select the number of rows and columns for the table.
- Move to the second column and repeat steps 5 and 6.
You now have two independent tables that are side by side.
[awsbullet:Microsoft Word 2007 Quick Reference Guide]