Recently I had a conversation with a friend of mine, who happened to own a Kindle Fire tablet. We spoke about various available applications, and then he went on to express his frustration about how he was having a difficult time deciding on a which app was the best for getting his local weather forecast information. As a result of his expressed frustration, I in turn suggested he look into WeatherBug for the Kindle Fire. Needless to say, he was thrilled with the application.
WeatherBug app for your Kindle Fire
You may already be familiar with WeatherBug for Android, however you might be surprised to hear that you can also get WeatherBug data for your Kindle Fire tablet as well. Among the most successful non-iPad tablets on the market today, installing WeatherBug is dead simple using the Amazon app store. And with features like these, this free weather application is a no-brainer for any Kindle Fire user.
- NEW Real-Time Enhanced Pin-Point Forecasts for 2.6 Million Locations Worldwide – The industry’s most accurate current, extended and hourly weather forecasts for your neighborhood and beyond. With 25% more accurate forecasts for the next 24 hours (when compared to other weather apps), Know Before(TM) you head out!
- NEW Enhanced Interactive Maps – Enjoy our enhanced maps with multiple layers such as Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
- NEW Photo Section & Albums – We’ve collected magnificent photography from our users for your viewing pleasure. Now categorized into albums, finding awesome photos have never been quicker or easier! Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery!
- NEW Photo Submission & Sharing – Snap, send & share. Send us your best photos and share your moment with friends and family, plus millions of WeatherBug users. It’s your time to be semi-famous!
- Extended 10-Day Forecast – Weather happens. Get the most accurate extended forecast and Know Before(TM) 10 days ahead.
- Exclusive DTAs & Severe Weather Alerts – Minutes Matter. Our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide you 50% faster warnings to severe weather than the competition’s weather alerts. Plus, you get National Weather Service (NWS) warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations.
- Spark Alerts – Spark, an exclusive feature of WeatherBug, turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Only WeatherBug can bring minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile Spark lightning strike alerts to you, in real-time, based on data from our total lightning detection network!
- Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture (pun intended) of the weather at destinations near and far.
- Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Should I cancel tomorrow’s picnic? Our new Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather parameters to advise you on how best to stay comfortable and have fun!