Earth Networks has updated WeatherBug for the iPhone was with a clean, great new look. In addition to bug fixes, feature improvements , the app also found itself with a complete visual makeover to boot.
Notable feature improvements include the following:
- Expanded user-submitted image galleries
- Cold and Flu section
- Lifestyle at a glance
- 10 day forecasts
- Support for 64bit operation
- Easily share the app with others
- Revamped lightning detection
Visual improvements abound
For those of you who appreciate aesthetics, you’ll definitely like the care and work that was put into the latest release of the WeatherBug app for the iPhone. The new interface offers exciting new clean lines, a clean look and provides a useful contrast that makes viewing the latest weather data easier than ever before.
The latest Spark Lightning Detection built into the menu really drives home just how smooth the new layout really is. Bundle this with the dynamic radar options and additional features, this makes this release a winner by anyone’s standards.
Features you need in a weather app
• NEW Refreshed User Interface – We’ve made our UI sleeker and easier to navigate than ever before. Come give it a test drive!
• NEW Spark Alerts – Unique and beautiful, Spark turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get real-time, minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning monitoring from the WeatherBug Total Lightning Network. Now redesigned with a live lightning map to show you lightning strikes near you and across the world!
• NEW Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Should I cancel tomorrow’s picnic? Our new Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather parameters to advise you on how best to stay comfortable and have fun! Now get at-a-glance views on all Lifestyle Forecasts so you know what to expect!
• NEW Cold & Flu section – Stay updated on the cold and flu season! Find out where and when you’ll need to be extra careful, along with useful facts on how you can minimize your risk.
• Real-Time Pin-Point Forecasts for 2.6 Million Locations Worldwide – The industry’s most accurate current, extended and hourly weather forecasts for your neighborhood and beyond.
• Push Notifications – Get severe weather warnings and exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts pushed directly to your mobile device! Safeguard yourself from tornados, severe thunderstorms, flash-floods and more.
• Extended 10-Day Forecast – Weather happens. Get the most accurate extended forecast and Know Before™ 10 days ahead.
• Exclusive DTAs & Severe Weather Alerts – Minutes Matter. Our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide you 50% faster warnings to severe weather than the competition. Plus, you get National Weather Service (NWS) warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations.
• Enhanced Interactive Maps – Enjoy our enhanced maps with multiple layers such as Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture (pun intended) of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Photo Section & Albums – We’ve collected magnificent photography from our users for your viewing pleasure. Now categorized into albums, finding awesome photos has never been quicker or easier! Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery!
• Photo Submission & Sharing – Snap, send & share. Send us your best photos and share your moments with millions of WeatherBug users.
• Spotlight section – Get “News of the Day” and other breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team to stay up-to-date on the weather around you.
• Hurricane Center – Get the latest news on hurricanes, investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Customizable Home Screen – Customize your home screen with newly added background themes and rearrange your live tiles to get the info that matter the most to you at-a-glance.
• Multiple Language Support – Get forecasts and alerts for your neighborhood and the world in Spanish and Portuguese!
Where can you get WeatherBug?
You can get WeatherBug for your iPhone from iTunes or from the Apple App Store. WeatherBug also has great apps available Android and Windows Phone as well. If you happen to be an iPad user, not to worry, you’ll find a WeatherBug release for iPad users as well also available from the app store.