This is a sponsored post written on behalf of LG, but all opinions expressed are 100% my own. If you’d like a more personal review of the LG 34UM95, I did one over here!
Multiple monitors might be one way to display visual media if you’re some kind of edgy performance artist trying to make a statement about our society’s disjointed senses in the modern age, but you wouldn’t use multiple monitors to watch your favorite movie, would you? And even if you work as a graphic designer or an office number cruncher, there may have been lots of reasons that you went with multiple monitors on your desk to get the job done back when you had to settle for the ramshackle technology available five minutes or so ago.
Now? Well, multiple monitors — once all the rage — are about to become a passing fad. Thanks to the LG 34UM95, the world’s first 34-inch 21:9 UltraWide QHD (quad-HD) monitor, your eyeballs can enjoy the satisfaction of uninterrupted continuity across whatever project graces its vivid IPS (in-plane switching) screen. To get an idea of the scale we’re talking about here, take a look at how the 34UM95 compares to what used to pass as state of the art:
See what I mean?
And even if you’re not sold on the simple elegance of having one screen on your desk instead of two or three, there are some other things to consider about this monitor.
- Its capacity for 3440 x 1440 high resolution is stunning.
- Its Thunderbolt 2 ports allow connecting up to six devices with transfer speeds of up to 20 Gbps (that’s four times faster than USB 3.0).
- If you work with video, you know that editing timelines run horizontally. Being able to see more on your screen at a glance will easily maximize your productivity.
- If you work with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, you can imagine how much time you’ll save by having 47 columns and 67 rows available without scrolling or hiding functions like you would have to do on a smaller, lesser screen.
- Lower blue light and almost zero flicker translate into less eye strain and more comfortable viewing over longer periods of time.
- Since you’re clearly not one to settle for second best, you’ll be happy to know that the 34UM95 is an ideal counterpart for your Mac Pro, but it’ll also work with other computers if that’s how you roll.
- If you really miss the whole multiple monitor situation, you can set this monitor to display multiple screens as you like.
- There’s a physical joystick menu control that makes modifications to your experience quick and intuitive.
- Its 99% color gamut means that you’ll see a wider range of colors.
- The super screen size also sports super energy saving features.
- Even watching movies or playing games will become an immersive experience — how’s your peripheral vision doing with your current screen?
Whether you use your computer for image and video editing, data crunching on spreadsheets, or just for gaming, watching movies, Web browsing, or other recreational pursuits, the LG 34UM95 will serve you well. It promises. Go donate your obsolete multiple monitor setup to a dozen friends in need now that you’ve seen the almost-zero flicker, lower blue light.