Microsoft would like to invite you to participate in its Community Video Tips campaign which starts today, August 2, 2012, and will run until October 3, 2012. The campaign has an unusual twist to it in that Microsoft is actually looking for the best tips for how you use its products to solve real world problems. Consumer products, applications, and features are to be highlighted in your video and this project is being hosted by the Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional) program, of which I have been a member for the past eight years.
What can I win?
- There will be two weekly selections of 1600 Microsoft prizes
- One grand prize winner will receive a Dell Vostro 1440 with Windows 7 and a free upgrade to Windows 8 when it becomes available.
How do I get started?
It is actually very easy to get started and here are the steps:
- Step #1 is to upload your Microsoft video tips to YouTube.
- Step #2 is to tag the video you submitted with #mstips.
- Step #3 is to send an email to this address email@example.com with the link to your video.
Get busy, because the more videos you submit with real world tips, the better your chances of being selected as a winner!
Here is some of the guidance that Microsoft has provided to assist you in compiling your video[s]:
- Only one scenario and one solution per video.
- Keep it real and focus on your real world goal and how a Microsoft feature solves it!
- Keep it short, concise, and aim at 40 seconds to three minutes of video.
- Share your brand and add your blog, Twitter, or other information in a non-intrusive way.
- Be sure to use only currently released Microsoft products and apps (no Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, etc.).
Do you need more help?
Who is sponsoring the Microsoft Community Video Tips sweepstakes?
- The Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way Redmond, WA 98052
I wish all of you who submit an entry the very best of luck, and please let us know if you win.