I received a question via email concerning Firefox and how to configure the browser. Trouble was there were so many questions, that I would of spent the better part of my evening answering the list. I wondered if someone had taken the time to do a training tutorial for those who are new to Firefox. Google to the rescue again!
After weeding out the wannabees, and after reading some more tripe, I finally found a site that had what I was looking for. A all inclusive guide to Firefox including the following:
- Set Firefox as your default browser
- Check your Firefox version number
- Check for updates
- Work Offline
- Open a File
- Change the Text Size
- Full Screen Mode
- Open a New Window
- How to Change Your Home Page
- Choosing a Startup Page
- Bookmark a page
- Create custom folders for your bookmarks
- Bookmark All Tabs
- Import bookmarks from another browser
- Rename a bookmark
- Open Bookmarks in the Sidebar
- “Display Your Bookmarks” button”
Plus history, search, tabbed browsing, sidebar and toolbars.
So if you are new to Firefox, this site should help you learn Firefox quickly and get you up and running quickly.
Learn Firefox site here.
[tags]firefox, google, learn, tutorial, [/tags]